Nicky999

Nicky999

Daughter of the Forest
Juliet Marillier

Deathgate Cycle

Dragon Wing - Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis Elven Star - Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis Fire Sea - Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman Serpent Mage - Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman The Hand of Chaos - Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman Into the Labyrinth - Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman The Seventh Gate - Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman

For  anyone who hasn't heard of it, The Deathgate Cycle is one of those classic Fantasy series that once upon a time, everybody who loved Fantasy had to read. I started it on a recommendation and couldn't tear myself away until I had finished.

It was also one of the first series to exceed a trilogy. Seven books! There were times when I felt trapped in this world, full of challenges, difficult situations to overcome and all the stress that goes with getting wrapped up in a Fantasy world that would probbaly fall into the Sword and Sorcery category.

The problem is that once I had started, I had to see what else would happen. Weis and Hickman are well known and don't need me to tell the world that their Fantasy novels are well written, but they are.

Sometimes I consider re-reading this series, but seven books! It's been a long time, but I cans till feel the relief at reaching the seventh gate. If you like magic, dragons, Fantasy world building and a well defined conflict, this series is for you.